The Town Council is responsible for:
- Maintenance of the Public Conveniences
- Grass Cutting – for all publicly owned land within the Parish.
- North Road Play Park.
- Provision of the Christmas lights.
- Allotments – the area containing the allotments is rented from Lady Hullocks Trust. The allotments are managed by the Town Council.
- Tree Maintenance – on the public areas of most of the housing estates in Stokesley and other parish land.
- The unrestricted parking on The Plain and College Square.
Much of the detailed work is undertaken by the Committees and Working Groups shown below:
|Open Spaces & Footpaths Committee:||Cllrs Griffiths, N. Johnson, Oxley, Sowerby and Wake|
|Allotments Committee:||Cllrs N. Johnson, Oxley, Sowerby and Wake and a representative from the Allotments|
|Communications/Events Working Group:||Cllrs Makinen, Robinson, Sowerby and Wake plus non-council members|
|Finance Committee:||Cllrs Canavan, Carey, Makinen, Oxley and Robinson|
|Employment Committee:||Cllrs Carey, Griffiths, N. Johnson, Sowerby and Wake|
|Health & Safety Committee:||Cllrs Canavan, C. Johnson, Oxley, Sowerby and Wake|
|Town Hall Committee:||Cllrs Canavan, Oxley and Wake plus Town Hall Management Advisory Committee members Mr Miller, Mr Ridgeway and Mrs Blakey|
|Parking Committee:||Cllrs Canavan, Carey, Griffiths, C. Johnson and N. Johnson|
|River Leven Project Working Group:||Cllrs Canavan, Griffiths, Oxley and Wake|
|Gateway to North Yorkshire:
Climate Action (including Electrical
Vehicle Charging Points
|Cllrs Carey, Griffiths, Makinen, Oxley, Robinson and Wake
Cllrs C. Johnson, N. Johnson, Makinen and Oxley
Committee Chairs are shown in bold. All Committees (excluding the Town Hall Committee) will meet at least twice a year but can arrange additional meetings as required. The Town Hall Committee meets bi-monthly. Working Group will call meetings as required.
For all committee's terms of references, please select a committee and click on the name and download the relevant references.