The Town Council is responsible for:
- Maintenance of the Public Conveniences
- Grass Cutting – for all publicly owned land within the Parish.
- North Road Play Park.
- Provision of the Christmas lights.
- Allotments – the area containing the allotments is rented from Lady Hullocks Trust. The allotments are managed by the Town Council.
- Tree Maintenance – on the public areas of most of the housing estates in Stokesley and other parish land.
- The unrestricted parking on The Plain and College Square.
Much of the detailed work is undertaken by the Committees and Working Groups shown below:
|Open Spaces & Footpaths Committee:||Cllrs Griffiths, N. Johnson, Oxley, Sowerby and Wake|
|Allotments Committee:||Cllrs N. Johnson,Oxley, Sowerby and Wake and a representative from the Allotments|
|Communications/Events Working Group:||Cllrs Makinen, Robinson, Sowerby, Wake and Wilson plus non-council members|
|Finance Committee:||Cllrs Canavan, Carey, Makinen, Oxley and Robinson|
|Employment Committee:||Cllrs Carey, Griffiths, N. Johnson and Sowerby|
|Health & Safety Committee:||Cllrs Canavan, C. Johnson, Oxley, Sowerby and Wake|
|Town Hall Committee:||Cllrs Canavan, Oxley, Wake and Wilson plus Town Hall Management Advisory Committee members Mr Miller, Mr Ridgeway and Mrs Blakey|
|Parking Committee:||Cllrs Canavan, Carey, Griffiths, C. Johnson and N. Johnson|
|River Leven Project Working Group:||Cllrs Canavan, Griffiths, Oxley and Wake|
|Stokesley Bounce Back Working Group:||Cllrs Carey, C Johnson, N Johnson, Oxley and Sowerby|
Committee Chairs are shown in bold. All Committees (excluding the Town Hall Committee) will meet at least twice a year but can arrange additional meetings as required. The Town Hall Committee meets bi-monthly. Working Group will call meetings as required.
For all committee's terms of references, please select a committee and click on the name and download the relevant references.